Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Medium by CJ Archer


Disclaimer: I bought this ebook to read to give it an honest opinion!

The Medium (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Trilogy #1)
by C.J. Archer
ebook, 260 pages
Published July 2nd 2012 by Oz Books

Overview:
Seventeen year-old spirit medium Emily Chambers has a problem. Actually, she has several. As if seeing dead people isn't a big enough social disadvantage, she also has to contend with an escaped demon and a handsome ghost with a secret past. And then there's the question of her parentage. Being born an entire year after her father's death (yes, a year) and without the pale skin of other respectable English ladies, Emily is as much a mystery as the dead boy assigned to her.

Jacob Beaufort's spirit has been unable to crossover since his death. It might have something to do with the fact he was murdered. Or it might not. All he knows is, he has been assigned by the Otherworld's administrators to a girl named Emily. A girl who can see and touch him. A girl who released a shape-shifting demon into the mortal realm. Together they must send the demon back before it wreaks havoc on London. It should be a simple assignment, but they soon learn there's nothing simple when a live girl and a dead boy fall in love.


My Review
I downloaded this book onto my iPad and I thought it would be a fun read! Well my instinct was right. The story and characters stayed with me the entire time of reading this adventure!

I loved how Emily wanted to take matters in her own hand considering she was only seventeen and was living in London during the times where she should have been married. I found her to be quite a fascinating character. She took the adventure to a new limit. I love her interaction with Jacob who is a ghost and is also quite smitten with Emily.

Emily's sister seems to take the role of the mom in the book and tends to nag a little bit at times which I thought was irritating but that was her role in a way too. She was also protective of Emily which was a nice touch as well.

Jacob, what can I say? He's quite a dashing man for a ghost. For him to solve the mystery of who let loose of the demon was fun. It was interesting to get a bit of information of why he died and of his family. I hope we find the answers to that, perhaps they tie in with each other his death and the the demon?

The one aspect I thought was neat is that there was a waiting room for those who have passed and waited there. Anything is possible isn't it? I love ghost and mediums concepts and ideas that sprout out from the author's brains. Some are the same and some are refreshing! I think in this story it's refreshing!

The ending leaves room for a sequel and I so want to see what adventure Emily goes on next! Will the mysteries be solved? I'm looking forward to read the next book.

Story: B
Cover: A

Good Reads Page

Twitter

Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment