Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach


Disclaimer: I bought this book to read to give it an honest opinion!




Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach

Publisher: Penguin Group USA Incor
Date: 3/31/2011
Pages: 304

Overview
Caitlyn Monahan knows she belongs somewhere else. It's what her dead mother's note suggested, and it's what her recurring nightmares allude to. Desperate to flee these terrifying dreams-and her small town-she accepts a spot at a boarding school in France. Only, when she arrives, her nightmares get worse. But then there are her amazing dreams, so vivid and so real, with visits from an alluring, mysterious, and gorgeous Italian boy from the 1500s. Caitlyn knows they are soul mates, but how can she be in love with someone who exists only in her dreams? Then, as her reality and dream world collide, Caitlyn searches for the real reason why she was brought to this school. And what she discovers will change her life forever.

My Take
The main character Caitylyn was very realistic and likable character. I could understand how Caityln felt going to a new school, who hasn't felt like that? Get those butterflies of nervousness in our tummies and then slowly trying to make friends. I'm sure we all have been there. I know I have!

I loved how she connected with Raphel. I felt like this book had a bit of time traveling though Caitylyn dreams. If you like time traveling, ghost stories, treasure hunting, romance and a bit of gothic, then this book is for you. Yes there is a treasure hunting aspect in it which reminded me of Da Vinci Code movie a little bit feel like an adventure.

Love being in a different time and can't really savor it since of the time differences is heart wrenching. I love that! Gloom and doom of love and yet is there hope for it to survive?

Historical aspect was written very well with detail. The author did well with this. I hope to read more of her books down the road.

Cover Rating: B
Story Rating: A

Website
Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment