Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shatter Me Review


Disclaimer: I bought this book to read to give it an honest opinion!

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1)

by Tahereh Mafi
338 pages
Published November 15th 2011
Publisher: Harper

Overview:
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


My Review:
I must say the cover jumped right out at me as I was browsing through the bookstore one day. Once I read the synopsis, I had to get it. Once I started reading this book, I could not put it down until sleep beckoned me to bed.

This is a story I will not forget. The had a great pace and was a wonderful flow with all the events that happen in this book! The story had adventure and snagged my curiosity. I wanted to know what was going to happen to Juliette. The scenes in the book as so vivid that you can picture it all in your head while you read this amazing story.

If you like superpowers or ever imagined to have them, then this book is for you! It had a touch of X-men style in it but it was different and refreshing. It made me wonder if there was any others like Juliette out there. Was that even possible? Anything is possible right? You should pick up the book to find out.

Juliette - who knows how one would react being cooped up in a cell for so long? Everyone reacts differently. For Juliette it was interesting to see how she was in a cell and outside of the cell. I think one would be hesitant to the world and how things were, wouldn't you be that way? As for her powers, I think she's in a state of mind of not using them because she does not want to hurt anyone which I liked. Although a part of me wonders why she did not use them to get away at times? Perhaps she needed confidence or something more to get in a good state of mind? I like her. I think maybe in the next book, she will be like this? I hope so!

Then there's Adam who comes into the picture to somewhat help Juliette but there's more to the story about Adam doing what he does. The whole connection with Juliette and Adam is amazing in the matters of romance and friendship. It made me smile and root them. Why not root for something good? I love Adam's tattoos! The bird on his chest sounds amazing and I love the significance behind it.

Pick up the book today and see what you think!



Cover: A
Story:A

Facebook Page
Good Reads Page
Twitter

1 comments:

Katie said...

I loved this book. The writing was fabulous, the romance was so great, and I really liked Juliette as a character. She was a good person. Great review!

Post a Comment