Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Faking it By Cora Carmack

Disclaimer: I received this book from BEA 2013 for myself and to give it an honest opinion.



Faking It
Losing it #2

Author: Cat Carmack
Paperback
Pages: 304
Published: June 4, 2013
Publisher: William Morrow & Company

Overview:
Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.

My Take:
Oh my gosh!! I have never heard of Cora Carmack until I attended the BEA 2013 in NYC! I got her autographed for this book and was thrilled. Once I saw the book was about (the cover was eye candy), I knew I had to get it. The line was long but it was so worth it! I did start this book on my way home from NYC to Chicago as I could not put it down. It took me about two days to read and let me say wow!!! (yeah I finally get around to writing a review!...eeps)

I have not read the first book so I jumped into the second book and it was awesome. You can still follow along but I am curious of the first book. Anyways onwards to the review...

Basically the book is based on Cade Winston who was mentioned in the first book. He is living in Philadeplina and finds himself at odds end with life and love. From what I could tell that he was very into Bliss and sadly it did not work out. To be let down is always a bummer. You could the emotions from Cade which I enjoyed. Bliss invites Cade to Thanksgiving dinner but Cade is not up for it. I would be feeling the same way, wouldn't you? Anyways Cade tells Bliss he's heading home for Thanksgiving as Bliss accepts that even though Cade isn't really going home. Meanwhile, Max comes in with her boyfriend who she is dating at the coffee shop as she gets a phone call from her parents who are going to meet her there.

Pure shock and panic hits Max! She then tells her boyfriend, Mace to just leave because she knows her parents will not like him at all and disown her. Cade is watching all of the action of Max and Mace, after Bliss and her boyfriend depart. Max manages to spy Cade and talks him into acting as her boyfriend as her parents arrive. Cade agrees as he does such an excellent job charming Max's parents. Her parents adore Cade. They get to hang out together for 24 hours. After the 24 hours are done, they go their separate ways but somehow they can't get each other off their minds. They do see each other time to time in certain places as I loved how they react to each other in those events. It's a combination of soft and hard.

Cade gets a more of an understanding how Max is when she's with her family and how she is alone. Max learns more about herself when she is with Cade. Eventually tells her parents of her music and tattoos which I think is powerful thing to do. Even Max helps Cade with his pain too. There is some angst between them and drama but that what makes the book great too. Cora writes amazing characters with their point of views into a plot that will take you on a rollar coaster ride!

Will Cade and Max actually be together or not? Will Max parents find out? What will happen? I totally recommend this book! It made me laugh, smile and gasp! The interaction between Cade and Max is a combination of humor, heat, passion and softness. They click with each other so well when they want to. They are opposites. You so need to get this book and read it. You will fall in love with the characters and swoon at Cade and root for Max! I look forward to reading more of the lovely Cora Carmack!!

Story: A
Cover: A

Blog
Facebook
Good Reads
Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment