Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rosebush Review




Rosebush by Michele Jaffe


Penguin Group USA Incor.
10/13/2011
Pages: 326


Overview:
Instead of celebrating Memorial Day weekend on the Jersey Shore, Jane is in the hospital surrounded by teddy bears, trying to piece together what happened last night. One minute she was at a party, wearing fairy wings and cuddling with her boyfriend. The next, she was lying near-dead in a rosebush after a hit-and-run.

Everyone believes it was an accident, despite the phone threats Jane swears were real. But the truth is a thorny thing. As Jane's boyfriend, friends, and admirers come to visit, more memories surface-not just from the party, but from deeper in her past . . . including the night her best friend Bonnie died.

With nearly everyone in her life a suspect now, Jane must unravel the mystery before her killer attacks again. Along the way, she's forced to examine the consequences of her life choices in this compulsively readable thriller.

My Take:
The story had twists and turns never stopping. I kept on trying to figure out who was after Jane. The moment you think you got it figured out, something else pops up! I felt like Sherlock Holmes.

All the characters were unique and interesting but none of them really grabbed my attention to the extreme. This book is more of a dramatic mystery which I don't mind once in a while. I did like how Jane had to figure out who was her killer.

The book also went back and forth from the hospital to the past events. That was a tad confusing for me but it worked well for the overall story. If you are looking for a mystery to read, this book is it!

The cover that I have is black and white which is cute but I honestly think the colored covers are better! I posted the color cover above.

Cover: C
Story: B
Author's Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment