Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

In A Heartbeat Review


Disclaimer: I bought this book to read to give it an honest opinion!




In a Heartbeat

Author: Loretta Ellsworth
Pages: 224
Publisher:Walker & Company
Publisher Date: Feb 15, 2011

Overview:This book explores the ties of family and the weight of regret when a mistake costs Eagan her life during a figure-skating competition. Left in the afterlife, reflecting on what she could have done differently, Eagan's still-beating heart is given to Amelia who has been waiting patiently for a transplant. When their thought, feelings, and dreams begin to mysteriously overlap, Amelia knows she must search for Eagan's family and find a way to give them all the closure they need move on.

My Review: The story is about two girls and one heart. Eagan is a bold character who is an upcoming figure skater. Amelia is a shy and quiet gal who needs a heart transplant. So how do these two girls connect?

They connect by Eagan's heart!

The story was unique and heart warming. The author told both sides of the story and effects from Eagan and Amelia. I liked how you could understand was going on and how the girls were feeling scared and confused. It is quite an adventure for the two girls to go through. Eagan learns about herself and family as she then learns to let go which I love. Amelia understands her family as well and learns to open up and not be so shy. Amelia also picks up on Eagan's habits a bit too which I found fascinating. Both Eagan and Amelia's families also connect together and become good friends. Everyone gets closure.

It is a lovely story and the chapters go back and forth between Eagan and Amelia which I love. While reading this book made me realize I'm grateful for the relationship I have with my family. Family is important. The book also gives you a sense that life can be short at times. I recommend you read it.

Story Rating: A
Cover Rating: B

Facebook
Good Reads
Twitter
Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment