Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Ruined Review

Disclaimer: I bought this book to read to give it an honest opinion!




Ruined
Author: Paula Morris
Pages: 304
Publisher: Scholastic Inc

Overview:
Rebecca couldn't feel more out of place in New Orleans, where she comes to spend the year while her dad is traveling. She's staying in a creepy old house with her Aunt Claudia, who reads Tarot cards for a living. And at the snooty prep school, a pack of filthy-rich girls treat Rebecca like she's invisible. Only gorgeous, unavailable Anton Grey seems to give Rebecca the time of day, but she wonders if he's got a hidden agenda. Then one night, in Lafayette Cemetery, Rebecca makes a friend. Sweet, mysterious Lisette is eager to talk to Rebecca, and to show her the nooks and crannies of the city.


My Review:
The story takes place with Rebecca, who comes from New York ending up in New Orleans to live with her Aunt while her father goes travels for work. Rebecca gets thrown into a new setting and has to adjust as best as she can be. She learns of how society functions down in New Orleans. At first she doesn't seem to be interested in it and has a hard time making friends but eventually that changes as she meets Lisette helps her by being her friend and tells her a story.

I found myself more fascinated in the story as it progressed. The history captured my attention mostly. The story made me wonder what was going to happen next. Rebecca found herself in an adventure and mystery. As for the ghost aspect of this book, it was rich with history. There were many ghosts mentioned but mainly focuses on one ghost which I will not give away. You need to read the book to find that out. It surprised me who it was!

There is some romance between Anton and Rebecca but the book mostly focuses on the history and ghost aspect. The romance was sweet as usual. The whole book made me feel like I was on an adventure with Rebecca. Great book for those who want something filled with adventure, mystery, history, a bit of romance and a ghost character! I recommend it for all ages.

The cover is stunning! I totally love the cover how it goes a gothic and ghostly feel to it.

Story Rating: B
Cover Rating: A

Good Reads
Twitter
Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment