Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Author Event in Naperville, IL - Anderson Bookshop

I saw Anderson's bookshop hosting "Dark Days" Tour with authors of Kiera Cass, Elizabeth Norris, Aprilynne Pike and Amy Tintera. I had to go! I told my husband I'm going, well he told me to go for it. I ordered the books online! I have tons of books and I just added more to my collection. Guess one can never have too many books, right? Anyways, I got everything else ready in the house before leaving (dinner and etc). It's an hour drive for me to get out there.

Heading out to the bookstore, as the lovely GPS took me the way it did last time as it was a fine drive. I got to the town and prayed to the parking lot gods (yeah I made that up) that I would find a spot really quick! Guess what? I did find a spot the moment I pulled into the one parking lot. Awesome! So I walked down to the bookshop in the drizzling rain and got inside to get my books.

The authors were answering questions from a moderator and the audience. Since I have hearing loss (deaf), it was a bit difficult to follow at times but I got the basics of what they were talking about. Too bad I didn't have a friend to go with me to tell me the specifics what was going on. I thought it was so cool to see these authors there talking about their books and how they come up with their ideas and writing process. While I listened, I thought to myself I really want to write a book one day even though it may take forever for me to do!

After the questions were done, the book signing began! Since there were four authors,it was very very busy. They called off the numbers as usual. I told one of the staff members they need a number call display which would be so much easier! They chuckled at that idea. Once I was in line, I started to get my books signed by Aprilynne Pike and Amy Tintera which they were great. I was shy of course..go figure. Yeah I'm the quiet gal at times but if you get me going on a one on one conversation, I'm good to go! Then I moved onto Kiera Casa and Elizabeth Norris which were great as well. All the authors were friendly and nice.

I did get some photos taken. Some are good and some are a little blurry..enjoy!


Amy Tintera and I


Aprilynne Pike and I - I blinked!


Kiera Cass and I! Kiera was distracted but this photo was so cool and I couldn't resist putting it up!


Elizabeth Norris and I!


Group shot from afar!


Duo - Aprilynne and Amy!

Thanks to the authors for their time of signing books and letting me take photos! You guys rock.


This link listed below goes to another blogger who was at the event that goes more into detail of what was spoken! I saw her in line there too.
Polished Page-Turner Blog recap of the event

Amy Tintera Links:
Facebook
GoodReads
Tumblr
Twitter
Website

Aprilynne Pike Links:
Facebook
GoodReads
Twitter
Website

Elizabeth Norris Links:
Blog
Facebook
GoodReads
Tumblr
Twitter
Website

Kiera Cass Links:
Good Reads
Twitter
Website

2 comments:

Cathrine Bock said...

I was there too! :) All of the authors were so sweet. It was great to meet all of them!

Blue Reader Gal said...

Cathrine - very cool that you were there too! :)

Post a Comment