Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Dying to Forget Review


Disclaimer: I bought this ebook to read to give it an honest opinion!




Dying To Forget (The Station #1)

Author: Trish Marie Dawson
Edition: Kindle
143 Pages
Published: August 3, 2012


Overview
"...With trembling fingers, I reach up and touch the hard and chiseled contours of his chest while Ryan's large and strong hands roam over my entire body, feeling and squeezing everything. I've never been touched like this before and my insides are starting to freak out.

"I want you, Piper," he murmurs into my neck.

My mouth drops open in surprise and even though my brain seems to be telling me to jump and run out of the room, I’m unable to move, stuck firmly to the same place on the mattress. With my nerves on high alert, I glance at the door repeatedly, sure that someone will come bursting through it at any second but the steady thumping of the music downstairs reminds me that no one can hear what is happening in this room. No one cares that Ryan Burke took me, of all people, into a bedroom. That realization hits me suddenly. Oh. My. God. What am I doing here?"

Piper Willow dies the summer after her high school graduation but she doesn’t make it to Heaven or Hell…instead she finds herself in a spiritual terminal called the Station. She’s given only two choices: Return to Earth as the subconscious for a person in need of some outside assistance, or move on and spend an eternity lost in her own sorrow and pain.

Does Piper have what it takes to save a life - to be the nagging voice inside someone else’s head - or will she fail and end up lost and tormented in limbo...forever?


My Take
This story was quick for me but I enjoyed it a great deal. This lovely gem covered some major issues that teens go through but the main issue that pops up is suicide. This is a tough subject to cover but the author handles it with great care. I did think how or what could drive someone to consider suicide while reading this story but I was mostly focused on the main character Piper and her journey.

Piper is the main character who is quite an a regular teen but with issues. The things she goes through in life makes her unique and a tough cookie, but sadly Piper decides to puts her flame out. It was a heart wrenching decision. Things change once Piper ends up at the Station. I liked this concept a great deal! To have another place to go other than heaven or hell is quite interesting to me. I'm sure the concept has been done but I think the way Trish explains what The Station is makes you think there is another chance to be happy with aspiration. So what choice does Piper make? Does she go to earth as a subconscious for a person who needs help or does she spend an eternity lost in her pain? The decision she makes is quite cool.

The story was so good that I'm not giving you the whole thing because I WANT you to go get it and read it! Although I must say there Piper's mentor who seems to be interesting. I am curious of his story. I wonder if the author will do his story but back to this book! One other character that popped out at me was Sloan and it was quite fascinating!! Each page of the story was filled with such wonderful writing as it held my attention in the late hours of when I was reading! I got lost in this story and finished it. The ending left me wanting more! It was a cliffhanger! It was amazing. I want more and I will have more of this Piper's story.

The cover is stunning. It popped out at me when I was browsing online. I want those boots from the cover. Someone get them for me? The cover and the synopsis sealed the deal for me so I had to purchase this book for my iPad. I'm so glad I did. I would have loved to have a paper copy of the book as well. I enjoy having both copies: paper and electronic. :)

Cover: A
Story: A



Check out the links and follow Trish on Twitter!

Blog - Wordpress

Facebook

Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment