Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

What I Wore to Save the World by Maryrose Wood


Disclaimer: I bought this book to read to give it an honest opinion!

What I Wore to Save the World (Morgan Rawlinson #3) Author: Maryrose Wood
Format: Paperback
Pages: 276
Published: December 1, 2009
Publisher: Berkley Trade

Overview:
Senior year?s coming up fast and Morgan still has no clue about college, or a career?the whole rest of-her-life thing is basically a blank. Maybe it?s because she spent her junior year obsessing about Colin, the hot Irish guy she fell for last summer (that was right around the same time she discovered she?s a half- goddess from the days of Irish lore? you had to be there). She even saved Colin from a nasty enchantment, but he doesn?t know that. Colin doesn?t believe in magic, not even a little.

But then a mysterious message reunites her with Colin, who turns out to be caught up in the biggest faery-made disaster ever. We?re talking the end of reality?not just reality TV. To save the world, she?s going to have to tell Colin the truth about her half-goddess mojo. But if he doesn?t believe in magic, how will he ever believe in her?


My Take:
Okay I bought this book not realizing it was the 3rd installment! So when I was reading it I could follow everything that was going on but it made me wonder on a few things. So after I got done with the book and looked it up on goodreads.com seeing it was the 3rd book, I thought "oh no!"

So Morgan is trying to figure out what to do with her life? As everyone else tells her to look for colleges and such, it drives her a bit crazy. Wouldn't you feel a bit uptight with everyone getting on your case about what to do with you life? It is not an easy thing to figure out sometimes. That's how life is. So anyways Morgan somehow ends up being interested in Oxford as it is located in England which allows her to be close to Colin. She misses him and wants to be near him. Does it go her way?

Once she travels overseas with some help of a mysterious stranger, she ends up seeing Colin and then adventure begins! She learns the world is in danger! She has to save the world by figuring out some riddles. While she is on her adventure, she tries to distract Colin from finding out what she is exactly. Does she succeed or does he find out what she is? Will he like her or not?

During her adventure she noticed things are changing and it would not be for the good. While I read this book one thing that popped out the most to me is the Unicorns! Oh my gosh..I laughed at the bits of the Unicorns! It was entertaining and fun! It will catch your attention though. Plus there are one other magical elements that popped out that I thought were neat which were the gargoyles.

Since I did not read the first two books I could easily follow this last book! It stands out on its own I believe. It has great detail and a fast paced story. I thought it was cute and whimsical! So go take a peek at the book today to see if it strikes your fancy!

Story: B
Cover: A


Good Reads Page
Twitter
Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment